It took 50 minutes for a Dallas County jury to decide that the firm’s client, a major computer manufacturer, was not liable for severe fire damage to a house allegedly caused by a defective laptop computer battery. The firm’s client was sued by a homeowner’s insurance company seeking reimbursement for the significant cost of repairs to the home.
The case went to trial on December 10, 2012. The property insurance carrier alleged that the fire started in the computer’s battery compartment which in turn ignited a bed in one of the bedrooms. Defense counsel presented physical evidence that showed that the origin of the fire was at a location outside the computer.
Sheehy, Ware & Pappas, P.C. attorney Joseph A. Garnett represented the computer manufacturer at trial. Mr. Garnett regularly represents product manufacturers in products liability cases. He is board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
For more information about this press release, you may reach Mr. Garnett at (713) 951-1016 or go to the firm’s website at www.sheehyware.com.