Labor and Employment
Our first job is to help our clients avoid the pitfalls of employment and labor litigation entirely.
When that is not possible, however, our attorneys use our substantial experience in representing management in federal and state courts, in arbitration, and before administrative agencies such as the EEOC and the Texas Workforce Commission Civil Rights Division to achieve the desired result.
The firm’s labor and employment lawyers have successfully represented clients in a variety of proceedings and lawsuits involving:
- Race, age, gender, and national origin discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Wage/Hour/Overtime claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Claimed violations of:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
Common law and statutory claims concerning:
- Breaches of employment contracts
- Unfair competition or theft of trade secrets
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Invasion of privacy
We also assist our clients in dealing with adversarial investigations conducted by OSHA and other governmental agencies charged with regulating workplace safety. Sheehy, Ware & Pappas also handles a large volume of subscriber and non-subscriber claims for employers relating to workplace fatalities, catastrophes and injuries.
Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with our labor and employment team.