Since its founding, Sheehy, Ware & Pappas has served the legal needs of the health care industry.
When it comes to the often complex and highly regulated business of health care, having experienced legal counsel that understands the full scope of your industry and your needs is critical. Sheehy, Ware & Pappas serves as a trusted counsel to a variety of clients across the full spectrum of the health care industry and has done so since 1985.
We make it our practice to know your practice. Serving clients with a holistic approach, we understand the unique aspects of the health care industry, and our collaborative team is equipped to provide efficient and effective counsel on the many facets of your operation – from labor and employment matters to regulatory compliance, to litigation defense – to ensure the sustainability and success of your business or practice in its entirety.
We have a long and distinguished history of representing major medical centers, Fortune 500 health care corporations, rural health care facilities, outpatient surgery centers, nurses, physicians, and allied health care personnel, from the start-up of their practice or business to daily operational needs, and in complex litigation proceedings.
Our experience includes:
- Drafting hospital policies and procedures
- Advising hospitals and long-term care facilities on compliance, peer review, and licensing matters
- Advising and defending health care professionals on administrative and licensing matters
- Defending hospitals and medical professionals against claims of negligence and in pharmaceutical litigation
- Representing health care clients in a wide range of medical litigation matters, with significant experience defending catastrophic injuries, including birth trauma, death, and neurological injuries in adults and children
- Representation and counsel in regulatory compliance and liability issues including Multi-state and Federal Anti-Kickback, Stark and False Claim matters, licensing and certification before administrative boards and agencies, health law contracting, entity formation for facilities and practice groups, reimbursement disputes, medical staff, credentialing and peer review matters
- Advising on employment-related matters including non-compete arrangements, discrimination (EEOC/Title VII) claims, wage/hour/overtime (FLSA) matters, wrongful termination litigation, OSHA investigations, labor union negotiation, and representation on behalf of health care providers
In collaboration with our Death Care team, we also advise and defend funeral directors in multiple Texas Funeral Service Commission and State Office of Administrative Hearing (SOAH) proceedings.
Our team of Sheehy, Ware & Pappas health care attorneys works to achieve favorable results for clients and the practice of health care as a whole, proud to have set groundbreaking case precedent in Texas on a wide range of topics including the rights of the newborn to receive medical treatment and the procedures by which hospitals credential physicians.
Our health care attorneys have experience throughout all aspects of the industry, contact our office to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced health care attorneys to discuss your matter.