The firm has maintained an active practice in first-party and liability insurance matters for more than twenty years.
Insurance providers need advisors who understand the nuances of the industry and who give as much attention to the small details as they do the big picture. Sheehy, Ware, Pappas & Grubbs maintains an active practice in first-party and third-party liability insurance matters that began more than 20 years ago, and our track record includes the successful defense of numerous claims disputes, including appellate representation, on behalf of some of the top names in the industry.
When the interpretation of one line of text can put millions on the line, you need advisors that speak your language and from experience. Our insurance team draws upon its experience but also never stops learning. Remaining daily engaged in best industry practices and the current matters concerning our clients is why we are repeatedly called upon to handle complex coverage issues as well as litigation matters involving both commercial and personal lines of coverage. For many clients, we provide a comprehensive range of services including coverage analysis and opinions, regulatory compliance counsel and litigation defense for matters including bad faith, Stowers, Texas Insurance Code and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act allegations.
In addition to our ongoing study of the insurance industry, we aim to equip and empower our clients with knowledge as well, providing our clients with seminars and in-service presentations that qualify for continuing education credit.
Our team has a long history of representing clients in a variety of claims disputes and in matters regarding:
- First-party contract and bad-faith catastrophe claims
- Large commercial property loss breach of contract claims
- Theft and arson claims
- UM/UIM and PIP, including subrogation issues
- Varied liability insurance issues and litigation, including construction defect coverage and apportionment, Stowers and additional insured issues
- Truckers’ liability coverage issues, including MCS-90 and Forms E and F issues claim handling and coverage issues
- Professional liability, including agents and brokers, errors and omissions and design professionals
- Defense of agents and brokers against professional liability claims
- Employer liability coverage issues, including ERISA employee benefit plans
- Insurance commission complaints
- Coverage opinions
- Expert witness work
- Subrogation recovery work
We also serve as counsel for a number of admitted and surplus lines carriers, both domestic and foreign. We also have deep experience serving as representation for providers facing natural disaster-related claims. The firm managed and litigated hundreds of claims – commercial and residential – for a number of insurers related to Hurricane Harvey that caused extensive damage in Southeast Texas in 2017.
Contact our office to arrange a consultation with an experienced attorney from our insurance team.