Mr. Grubbs serves as the Firm’s Managing Director. He is a member of the Sheehy, Ware & Pappas, P.C. insurance litigation, transportation litigation, hospitality law, and labor and employment law sections. He has been a litigator for over twenty years and has considerable first-chair trial experience in the State and Federal Courts and before the Texas Courts of Appeals and the Texas Supreme Court. He cut his teeth defending doctors and nurses from allegations of medical malpractice, including trials involving obstetric and orthopedic negligence while in his second year of practice.
Over the years, Mr. Grubbs has expanded his practice to a variety of disciplines including construction fatalities, trucking, premises liability, construction defects, and commercial matters. Few lawyers in the state, or perhaps the country, have the experience with OSHA litigation as Mr. Grubbs. He has personally managed over 300 OSHA investigations for nearly every industry and occupation, for the employer. To date, Mr. Grubbs has tried over 30 cases to verdicts with impressive results.
- Appointed by the Mayor and City Council for the City of Bellaire, Texas to serve as a member of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board; elected as its Vice President (2005-2011).
- West University Softball Association volunteer.
- The Basey Case — Get Going Before it Gets Tough — Presented to Texas Mutual Insurance Company (2000).
- OSHA’s New MultiEmployer Worksite Directive — Presented to Texas Mutual Insurance Company (2001).
- FLSA Compliance for Small Business — Captive lecture to small surgery center HR department (2004).
- Selected Topics in Ethics for the Texas Insurance Adjuster — Presented to various insurance carriers and their TPA’s throughout the country (2006).
- OSHA Inspections: Preparations and Actions for Nonsubscribing Employers — presented to the Texas Association of Responsible Nonsubscribing Employers (TXANS) at their Annual Conference in Austin, Texas (2006).
- Employment Law Basics — Presented to the Houston Claims Association (2006).
- The Top 5 Liability Issues Facing the Texas Funeral Director Today — Presented to the Texas Funeral Director’s Association (Summer 2006).
- Being Cute can Get Ugly: Home Care and the FLSA — Presented to the Texas Association for Home Care (2007).
- Arbitration for the Texas Nonsubscriber (Panelist) — Presented to the Texas Association of Responsible Nonsubscribing Employers (TXANS) at their Annual Conference in Austin, Texas (2007).
- General Contractor/Subcontractor Liability Under Redlinger and its Progeny — Presented at the Blakeman and Associates Annual Employment Law Conference (2008).
- Trucking Litigation and DOT Regs for the Carrier — Presented at the 2008 Risk Management Seminar for the Insurance Network of Texas (2008).