The firm has maintained an active practice in first-party and liability insurance matters for more than twenty years. Our attorneys have a broad range of practice experience in complex coverage issues as well as the defense of first-party and liability insurance lawsuits involving both commercial and personal lines policies. We serve as counsel for a number of admitted and surplus lines carriers, both domestic and foreign. Most recently, the firm has managed and litigated hundreds of hurricane claims, commercial and residential, for a number of insurers. Typical client matters involve coverage analysis and opinions and defending insurers in lawsuits, including bad faith, Stowers, Texas Insurance Code, and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act allegations. The firm also has experience in defending insurance agents and brokers against professional liability claims.
Practice experience includes:
- first party contract and bad-faith catastrophe claims
- large commercial property loss breach of contract claims
- theft and arson
- UM/UIM and PIP, including subrogation issues
- varied liability insurance issues and litigation, including construction defect coverage and apportionment, Stowers and additional insured issues
- truckers’ liability coverage issues, including MCS-90 and Forms E and F issues claim handling and coverage issues
- professional liability, including agents and brokers, errors and omissions and design professionals
- defending agents and brokers
- employers liabiltiy coverage issues, includiing ERISA employee benefit plans
- insurance commission complaints
- coverage opinions
- expert witness work
- subrogation recovery work
As part of this practice we provide seminars and in-service presentations for continuing education (CE) credit for our clients.