Mr. Sprague is a trial lawyer with experience handling complex commercial and personal injury litigation involving product and premises liability actions.
Mr. Sprague joined the firm in 1997 after practicing general litigation with an emphasis in personal injury, insurance law and commercial matters in Houston, Texas. Prior to practicing law, he was a liability claims handler for a commercial insurer handling a wide variety of commercial liability matters throughout the state. He has tried cases in Texas State District and County Courts, Federal District Courts, as well as Texas Administrative Courts. He is active in the State Bar of Texas serving on committees to coordinate legal aid to the indigent and homeless.
- South Texas College of Law, (J.D., 1992)
- Stephen F. Austin State University, (B.B.A., 1985)
- State Bar of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Lytae
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Trucking & Shipping
- Insurance Subrogation
- Regularly hired by commercial property owners and managers to defend serious cases involving breach of security and general premises liability.
- Handling of construction defect litigation and contract resolution issues for property owners.
- Inspection of property and assessment of potential risks associated with the operation of a given property.
- Coordination and defense of individual and mass tort claims, including multidistrict litigation arising out of chemical, pharmaceutical and general industrial exposures..
- Defending manufacturers of industrial machinery from claims involving faulty design, inadequate warnings or failure to properly guard.
- Environmental matters involving contamination of soil or groundwater by chemical agents.
- Resolution of general business litigation involving breach of agreements, business fraud and commercial lease disputes.
- Prosecution and defense of claims arising out of breach of non-compete agreements and related covenants.
- Extensive experience in prosecuting claims against supply/service vendors providing inadequate labor or materials.
- Defense and prosecution of commercial cargo losses involving intrastate and interstate shipments.
- Personal injury and property damage claims arising out of commercial trucking accidents.
- Obtain recovery of large loss property damage claims.
- Recovery of workers compensation benefits and loss indemnification payments.