Mr. Armstrong joined the firm in 2013, and his practice focuses on appellate law. Travis also has extensive experience in insurance, employment, and commercial litigation. Before joining the firm, Travis served two years as law clerk to the Honorable Marcia Crone in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Travis is licensed to practice law in Texas and Louisiana.
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Texas A&M University (B.A., Communication, 2005)
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Defense Research Institute
Honors & Admissions
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Louisiana
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- South Texas Law Review
- Order of the Lytae
Practice Areas and Casework
- Appellate Law
- Insurance Defense
- Employment Defense
- General Commercial Matters
Travis has experience managing and performing all aspects of business litigation, including trial, appeal, depositions, and motion practice, as well as advising clients, investigating claims, developing strategy, and negotiating settlements.
Publications & Seminar Presentations
- Legal Trends, Texas Supreme Court Examines Malpractice Liability for Costs of Successful Appeal, 54 The Houston Lawyer, November/December 2016, at 45.
- The Lone Pine Order: Limiting Claims and Costs in Complex Cases, DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar, May 12, 2016.
- My Time in the Hague: A Reflection on International Justice at the ICTY, 8 Jefferson County B. J., 1st Quarter 2012-2013, at 16.
- Comment, “Veneer of Medical Respectability”: How Physician Participation in Lethal Injections Perpetuates the Illusion of a Humane Execution, 51 S. Tex. L. Rev. 469 (2009).
Travis is a member of Calder Baptist Church. He is a supporter of, and regular participant in, local marathon, triathlon, and other multi-sport events. Travis was a member of the HYLA Leadership Academy’s 2013-2014 Class, and has volunteered with the Tahirih Justice Center in Houston.