Mr. Grady joined the firm in 2011. In addition to handling cases for various firm clients, he also serves as the firm’s in-house collections specialist. He helps get firm clients paid.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Mr. Grady worked as a legal assistant for six years, for two law firms serving major residential mortgage lenders and brokers in Houston. Mr. Grady was raised in the Houston area and actively serves his community. He is a founding member and President of the Korean American Bar Association of Texas.
- South Texas College of Law, (J.D., 2010 magna cum laude)
- The University of Texas (B.A., Political Science 2000)
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association of Texas
- Asian American Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
Honors and Awards
- Team Member, 17th Willem C. Vis Moot International Commercial Arbitration Moot 2010
- Student Law Clerk, Chief Justice Adele Hedges, 14th Court of Appeals
- Volunteer Law Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Texas
- Member, South Texas Law Review
- Harry L. Reed Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Award — Spring 2010
- Spouses of Houston Barristers Scholarship Recipient — Fall 2009
- Highest grade in Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Evidence and Constitutional Law
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern, Northern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Collections and Creditor’s Rights
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Tort Litigation
Collections and Creditor’s Rights
- Manage docket of commercial collection actions for bank, from pre-suit investigation to post-judgment remedies.
- Manage docket of consumer collections actions for nursing homes in probate and county court.
- Successfully collected on account receivables in JP and county courts for various businesses.
- Managed several foreign judgment domestication matters in numerous states.
- Successfully collected post-judgment via appointment of turnover receivers in state district court actions.
- Represented owners and contractors to enforce or defend mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens, and mineral lien rights.
- Represented lender in bankruptcy in Chapters 7, 11 and 13 cases; and in probate proceedings.
Commercial and Business Litigation
- Represented major oilfield service company in commercial dispute with operator in state district court, from inception of lawsuit through e-discovery to mediation.
- Defended small check cashing company against breach of sale agreement and fraud claim in state district court.
- Defended car manufacturer in consumer fraud claim in state district court.
- Defended company against copyright infringement claim of software code in federal court.
- Assisted senior attorneys in all pre-trial phases in numerous commercial litigation disputes.
Labor and Employment Litigation
- Assisted senior attorney in representation of employer seeking injunctive relief in several cases in state court due to violations of non-compete, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements.
- Assisted senior attorney in defense of employer in lawsuit in federal district court for unpaid overtime.
- Assisted senior attorney in defense of casino in lawsuit in federal district court against EEOC prosecution of Title VII pattern and practice claims.
- Successfully defended lawyer in legal malpractice claim in federal court.
- Represented premises owner in slip and fall claims in state district court.
- Defended roofing contractor in premises liability claim as target defendant in state district court.
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel Employment Law Newsletter — Associate Editor, Spring and Fall 2012, Fall 2013
- Wanted Dead or Alive: Desperados and Debtors — The Houston Lawyer Magazine (July/Aug 2016)
- New Overtime Rules are Coming — The Cremationist of North America (Vol. 52, No. 4 – 2016) (co-authored)