During his twenty-eight years of practice, Mr. Neuer has represented clients in a broad range of substantive areas. Mr. Neuer has extensive experience representing manufacturers, distributors, premises owners and contractors, third-party switching companies, track maintenance companies and railcar manufacturers in a variety of claims, including catastrophic injury and death, including claims made under the Federal Employer’s Liability Act, and in a variety of commercial matters. Mr., Neuer regularly represents national and international clients throughout the United States.
- University of Houston Law Center, (J.D., 1987, cum laude)
- New College of the University of South Florida, (B.A., Economics, 1984)
- State Bar of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort and Environmental
- Healthcare Liability
- Commercial Liability
- Premises Liability
- General Negligence
Representative Experience National and Regional Counsel:
- National counsel for a third-party switching company in personal injury and commercial matters.
- Regional coordinating counsel for Dow Corning Corporation in the breast implant and silicone litigation.
- National and Texas counsel for companies in asbestos litigation.
- National and Texas counsel for companies in benzene litigation.
Toxic Tort and Environmental:
- Represented in excess of a dozen companies in Texas in connection with asbestos litigation.
- Represented a variety of companies in connection with benzene litigation.
- Represented a variety companies in connection with state and federal environmental claims.
- Regularly defends manufacturers of consumer and industrial products arising out of alleged design, manufacturing, and marketing defects.
- Regularly defends or prosecutes claims arising from breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation or fraud in connection with commercial transactions.
- Extensive experience enforcing and defending claims for defense indemnity, and additional insured coverage under distribution and construction agreements.
Healthcare Liability Litigation:
- Regularly defends hospitals and nurses against claims of negligence.
- Extensive experience in defending transportation clients in connection with personal injury and cargo damage and loss.
Notable Trial Experience:
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict in excess of $18,000,000.00 in a commercial fraud case arising from the sale of a company.
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict in the defense of a hospital in a catastrophic brain injury case with a Life Care Plan that exceeded $15,000,000.00.
- Successfully obtained a plaintiff’s verdict in an oil and gas case arising out of a series of washout