Mr. Kressenberg is a member of the firm’s insurance law and mass tort liability sections. A former law clerk to the Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, he has experience handling a variety of complex matters around the United States in both state and federal courts for the last 26 years. Since its inception, he has managed the Firm’s Hurricane Ike litigation section. Mr. Kressenberg has both prosecuted and defended complex personal injury and wrongful death cases. Mr. Kressenberg also has substantial experience in products liability matters as well as commercial matters involving first party casualty claims, deceptive trade practices claims, and breach of contract.
He has extensive first and second chair trial experience, having litigated cases in 18 different states during his career.
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- University of California, Berkeley
- State Bar of Texas
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
- State Bar of New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Seventh Federal Circuits
Practice Areas and Casework
- First Party Insurance Claims
- Mass Toxic Tort Litigation
- Products Liability
- Commercial Litigation
First Party Insurance:
Successfully concluded over 800 commercial and residential Hurricane Ike claims and lawsuits. He also manages the Firm’s UM/UIM practice.
Mass Toxic Tort Litigation:
Extensive experience defending and litigating asbestos exposure and benzene exposure claims, including wrongful death cases, on behalf of suppliers and manufacturers.
- Successfully defended component manufacturing clients against property damage claims based in warranty as well as deceptive trade practices.
- Extensive experience in defending and litigating statutory indemnity claims.
- Represents a number of domestic insurance carriers and surplus lines in first party residential and commercial contract and insurance code claims.
- Successfully defended contractor on indemnity and contributions claims stemming from occupational injury accident at a major southeast Texas refinery.
- Represented a small oil production company against internationally known oil field services company for breach of contract involving a joint venture agreement, resulting in favorable recovery for the plaintiff.