Ms. Price is a shareholder in the firm’s products liability and professional liability sections and has extensive experience in a number of substantive areas of trial practice, including products liability, professional liability, administrative law, commercial litigation, health care law, premises liability, and personal injury and wrongful death. She regularly represents corporations, other business entities, and individuals in complex litigation against claims for personal injuries, wrongful death, and economic loss in state courts throughout Texas and in federal courts in Texas and elsewhere.
Ms. Price has been engaged as General Counsel for Texas Funeral Directors Association, which is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and as General Counsel for Cremation Association of North America, which is headquartered in Wheeling, Illinois.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Southwestern University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1993)
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association (2003-Present; Lawyers’ for Literacy Committee, 2008-2009 Co-Chair)
- Defense Research Institute (Commercial Litigation, Drug and Medical Device, Product Liability, Women in the Law, and Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Committees)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- American Bar Association (Section of Litigation, Products Liability & Professional Liability Litigation Committees)
Honors and Awards
- Houston Bar Association President’s Award (2008-2009)
- Law Student Pupil Member of the Robert W. Calvert Inn of the American Inns of Court
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Practice Areas and Casework
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Administrative Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction and Construction Defect Litigation
- Personal Injury Trial Law
- Premises Liability
- Managed successful defense of target medical device manufacturer in complex latex gloves product liability docket and acted as defense group liaison counsel when necessary in Texas state and federal courts.
- Managed defense of distributor indemnity claims arising from latex gloves product liability docket.
- Managed successful defense of target medical device manufacturer in Texas state and federal complex litigation involving orthopedic bone screws.
- Frequently represent manufacturers against claims for design defects, manufacturing defects, and marketing defects such as inadequate warnings and failure to warn.
- Defended manufacturer of racing sailboat in wrongful death suit arising from keel failure.
- Coordinate complex expert defense efforts in vast array of specialty areas, including medical and mental health care professionals, engineers, thermographers, metallurgists, and industrial hygienists.
- Negotiated and coordinated large and small scale inspections of target products involving other interested parties and government investigators.
- Successfully managed defense of physician defendants in mass tort pharmaceutical litigation involving diabetic drug in state, federal, and Multidistritict Litigation proceedings.
- Successfully managed defense of physician defendants in mass tort pharmaceutical litigation involving weight loss medications in state, federal, and Multidistrict Litigation proceedings.
- Routinely represent hospitals, physicians, and nurses in medical malpractice liability actions.
- Defend professional liability and commercial litigation against funeral homes.
- Advise and defend funeral directors in multiple Texas Funeral Service Commission and State Office of Administrative Hearing (SOAH) proceedings.
- Advise and defend health care professionals on administrative and licensing matters.
- Advise and defend employer and carrier in federal workers’ compensation Department of Labor proceedings.
- Defend premises owner in toxic tort and environmental litigation.
- Defend premises liability cases involving alleged serious personal injuries due to breaches of security.
- Defended premises lawsuits against hospital regarding publicized incident which was resolved for nuisance value payment of court costs.
- Successfully represented hospital in slip-and-fall case.
- Assisted in defense of property owners against claims of elevator negligence.
- Prosecute claims arising from breach of contract in connection with commercial transactions.
- Defend company and commercial drivers in personal injury litigation.
Construction and Construction Defect Litigation:
- Defend construction defect claims in lawsuits and in arbitration.
- Advise construction clients regarding presuit and investigation matters.
- Assisted in the preparation of hospital policies and procedures.
- Advise hospitals and long term care facilities on variety of compliance issues.
- Assist in peer review and licensing matters.
- Texas Funeral Service Commission Investigations: How to Avoid Them. . .and How to Survive Them; presented to the Texas Funeral Directors Assocation Annual Convention; June 12, 2007.
- Minimizing Exposure to Litigation: Tips for Superintendents Grounds Maintenance Personnel; presented to the Texas Cemeteries Association Maintenance Conference; September 25, 2007.
- Antitrust Law: What Is It, How Does It Apply to Me, and Why Should I Care?; presented to the Texas Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention; June 9, 2008.
- Legal Ethics Jeopardy; presented to the Texas Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention; June 9, 2008.
- Hot Topics in the Funeral Industry; presented to the Texas Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention; June 8, 2011.
- Legal Ethics and Hot Topics: What to Do When the Department of Banking Comes Calling; presented to the Texas Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention; June 14, 2010.
- Legal and Ethical Considerations in Crisis Management: How to Prepare for, Prevent, and Survive a Crisis in Your Death Care Business; Co-Presenter; presented to the Texas Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention; June 2009.
- Presentations to health care professionals on standard of care, risk management, and administrative issues.