Mr. Rowley graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 1978, and joined the Houston firm of Sewell, Junell & Riggs. In 1994, he co-founded Holloway & Rowley, P.C. (later Holloway, Rowley & Caflisch), a small law firm specializing in product liability, railroad and civil litigation. During this time, he handled cases for national and terminal railroad companies, both Federal Employers Liability Act, railroad crossing and general negligence matters; for recreational and construction equipment manufacturers, and insurance and legal malpractice matters. He became a regional and then national counsel for aerial work platform and construction equipment manufacturers, specializing in product liability cases. In 2012, he joined Sheehy, Ware & Pappas as a shareholder, where his practice is focused on product liability defense, representing national and international manufacturers of construction, refuse, emergency response and material handling equipment.
- University of Texas School of Law, (J.D., with honors, 1978)
- University of Kansas (B.S.J., 1975)
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Colorado
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Honors & Admissions
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law since 1986
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Law Review
- State Bars of Texas and Colorado
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Western, Eastern, and Northern District of Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits
- Pro hac vice admissions to federal and state courts in Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Tennessee
Practice Areas & Casework
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury Trial
- General Negligence
- National counsel for manufacturers of aerial work platforms, material handling equipment, emergency response vehicles and refuse vehicles.
- Tried numerous product liability, FELA, railroad crossing, negligence and commercial cases in state and federal courts.
- Represents clients in a multi-state area in the Southwest, Midwest and Southeast.
Publications & Seminar Presentations
Mr. Rowley has spoken at seminars conducted by the Texas and National Associations of Railroad Defense Counsel, and the Defense Research Institute
Mr. Rowley has been an active supporter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Alzheimer’s Foundation, Little League Baseball, numerous youth soccer leagues and the Sierra Club.