Ms. O’Neal has successfully represented a diverse group of clients. She has experience in a wide range of areas including, commercial litigation, bankruptcy, construction law, oil and gas litigation, personal injury, premises liability, products liability, professional liability, medical malpractice, health care law, employment law and insurance coverage disputes. Ms. O’Neal has a proven ability to navigate complex disputes involving multiple parties, claims and legal issues. She has experience in handling all aspects of litigation, including, motion practice, written discovery, depositions, settlement analysis, mediations, trial preparation, trial and appeals.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2002)
- Stephen F. Austin State University (B.S.N., magna cum laude, 1998)
Honors and Awards
- Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy, Articles Editor
- Interscholastic Mock Trial Team
- Lonestar Statewide Mock Trial Competition, quarterfinalist
- American Trial Lawyer’s National Competition
- Student Bar Association
- John Black Moot Court Competition
- President’s Lits, Dean’s List
- Alpha Chi Honor Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- Stephen F. Austin Water Ski Team
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification
- State Bar of Texas, 2002
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 2013
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners, 1998
Practice Areas and Casework
- General Civil Litigation
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Health Care Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- General Negligence Litigation
- Oil and Gas
- Professional Liability
- Employment Law
- Products Liability
- Administrative Law
- Representation of Defendant in administrative hearing before the Occupational Safety and Review Commission.
- Representation of overriding royalty owners and tried case involving intentional termination of overriding royalty interests, breach of contract, tortious interference, conversion and various alter ego theories of liability.
- Representation of doctor and practice group and overturned multi-million dollar default judgment.
- Representation of defendant and tried case alleging wrongful death.
- Representation of defendant and tried premises liability case involving serious bodily injuries.
- Representation of defendants in premises cases involving breaches of security alleging serious personal injuries.
- Representation of companies in personal injury litigation.
- Representation of premises owners in property defect cases.
- Representation of various companies in contract disputes.
- Representation of companies in product defect cases.
- Representation of contractors in litigation to foreclose on liens.
- Representation of companies in insurance coverage disputes.
- Representation of companies in cases arising from alleged breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation and fraud in connection with commercial transactions.
- Representation of companies in employment cases alleging shareholder oppression, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud.
- Representation of hospitals, doctors, and nurses against claims of negligence.
- Representation of healthcare professionals in matters brought by Texas licensing boards.
- Representation of hospital and long term care facilities and advise on a variety of compliance issues.
- Developed legal strategies, framework, and processes for nationwide company in order to comply with policies, local laws, and regulations.
- Assisted in preparation of hospital policies and procedures.
- Representation of clients in post-judgment collection proceedings.
- Representation of companies in bankruptcy proceedings.