Ms. Taylor is a successful trial attorney who has represented a diverse group of clients at trial. Some of her clients include restaurants, contractors, cable companies, apartment complex management companies, banks, trucking companies and grocery stores.
Ms. Taylor defends against personal injury and property damage claims involving premises liability and general negligence. Ms. Taylor also defends energy companies and trucking companies in cases involving automobile and truck accidents. Additionally, Ms. Taylor practices labor and employment law, assisting employers in their efforts to minimize the risk of litigation, and achieve the greatest chance of success in defending against legal action. She regularly assists clients with OSHA investigations as well as handles cases involving allegations of age, sex and racial discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Ms. Taylor assists employers from the start of an EEOC investigation, and if necessary, through the conclusion of litigation. In addition to her general defense work Ms. Taylor also prepares contracts and handles various contract disputes for her clients.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Texas Tech University (B.A. cum laude)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer, 2010
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Premises Liability
- Restaurant and Food Service General Liability and Food Safety
- Employment Litigation
- General Negligence
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- General Trial Law
Restaurant and Food Service General Liability and Food Safety:
- Counsel for a number of national and local restaurants and other food service providers in a variety of matters including general liability, premises, foreign object in food and food-borne illness matters.
Construction Accident and Construction Defect Litigation:
- Counsel for general contractors, subcontractors, and owners in construction accident and construction defect claims, as well as OSHA investigations, to include defense and prosecution of indemnity actions for personal injury and property damage claims caused by alleged negligence of other responsible parties.
Labor and Employment Law:
- Counsel for several Fortune 500 companies on labor and employment law matters.
- Handles EEOC claims from initial investigation through complete EEOC process for a variety of employers including convenience stores, financial institutions, construction firms, and food service establishments.
- Panel Counsel for major domestic carrier and represent its insureds in a variety of labor and employment law related matters.
- Handles a large number of cases for national, regional, and local businesses involving a variety of premises liability claims including slip and falls, physical security, false imprisonment, and general negligence.
Trucking and Transportation:
- Handles personal injury, property damage, and environmental claims for a large domestic petroleum transport company.
- Handles personal injury, property damage, and related litigation for local and regional fleet owners.
- Handles personal injury, property damage, and related litigation for energy company.