Jamie Pounders is from Pearland, Texas, and graduated from Harding University in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration. She then completed a joint J.D./M.B.A. program, graduating cum laude from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2013. During law school, Jamie completed a business law certificate program as well as internships with the Texas First Court of Appeals, 237th Judicial District Court of Texas, Texas Tech University’s General Counsel’s office, and a Houston products liability firm.
Following graduation, Jamie practiced personal injury defense litigation and employment litigation and consulting in Odessa, Texas, before moving to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She earned her license to practice law in Louisiana in 2015 and gained over a year of experience defending against personal injury and premise liability claims. Jamie has drafted numerous pre-trial, dispositive, and appellate motions in cases of varying complexity. Jamie joined the firm in 2017 and primarily practices in the areas of personal injury defense, products liability, and premises liability.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Texas Tech University Rawls College of Business, M.B.A., 2013
- Harding University, B.B.A., cum laude, 2008
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Houston Bar Association
Honors & Admissions
- State of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- State of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury Defense
- Employment Law
- Premises Liability
Publications & Seminar Presentations
- Co-author of “Rules: Good Ones, Bad Ones, Do We Need Them?” for the State Bar of Texas 31st Annual Litigation Update Institute.