Ms. Watson is a key member of the firm’s product liability, health care, drug and medical device sections. Her trial practice involves a mixture of serious medical malpractice and product liability cases, commercial disputes, and personal injury claims. She also represents health care professionals before their respective licensing boards.
Born in Tyler, Texas, raised in Kilgore and Houston, Texas.
- University of Houston Law Center, (J.D., 1982)
- Texas Woman’s University, (M.S.N., 1975)
- University of Texas, (B.S. in Nursing, 1973)
- State Bar of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Honors and Awards
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1990 – present
- Sigma Theta Tau – Nursing Honor Society
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Third Federal Circuits
Practice Areas and Casework
- Commerical/General Litigation
- Product Liability
- Drugs/Medical Devices
- Mass Tort
- Medical Malpractice (Medical, Hospital, Dental, Chiropractic)
- Board Representation
- Texas Medical Board
- Texas Board of Nursing
- Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Peer Review and Credentialing for Doctors and Nurses
- Health Care Law
- State Coordinating Counsel for medical device manufacturer in litigation involving the defense of orthopedic medical devices and latex glove claims.
- State Coordinating Counsel for medical liability insurance carrier insuring physicians sued in major drug litigation.
- Represented major hospitals in the Texas Medical Center, Suburban Houston and in East and South Texas for over twenty-five years in cases involving claims of malpractice and premises liability.
- Successfully defended nursing homes at trial in wrongful death claims.
- Successfully represented healthcare professionals in matters brought by Texas licensing boards.
- Prior to law school was a member of the teaching faculty at Texas Woman’s University School of Nursing in Houston, Texas.