Ms. Aguirre joined the firm in 2010 having spent the first 9 years of her practice working for a Houston defense firm where she concentrated on commercial litigation, transactional litigation for small businesses, employment and wage/hour matters, and toxic tort litigation. Her commercial litigation practice included defending a number of matters relating to damages to telecommunications infrastructures.
Currently Ms. Aguirre works mainly on first party insurance defense including catastrophic loss claims, property damage and uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. Her experience over the last ten years has involved practice both at the State and Federal levels and some appellate practice. She also clerked for the Honorable Russell Austin, Probate Court Number One, Harris County, Texas.
Ms. Aguirre moved to Houston in 1990 to attend college at the University of Houston. She is originally from San Salvador, El Salvador where she lived until she completed her secondary education in the country’s premier Catholic education institution. She maintains close ties to her country of origin and makes available her experience assisting small businesses to Salvadorian business owners and entrepreneurs in the Houston area
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- University of Houston (B.A., 1996)
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star 2012
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas 2012
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Practice Areas and Casework
- First Party Insurance Claims
- Commercial Litigation
- Telecommunications Infrastrutures
Representative Experience First Party Insurance Claims:
- Represents a number of insurance carriers and surplus lines in first party catastrophe, property damage and uninsured/underinsured motorist, and insurance code claims..
- Successfully enforced a large retailer’s option to purchase a multimillion dollar commercial property against a declaratory judgment seeking to void the lease agreement.
- Worked on a number of matters involving commercial defendants and claims made for transportation related accidents with company vehicles.
- Successfully negotiated with the Attorney General’s Office on behalf of a small business for the reduction of significant fines imposed for alleged violations of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Successfully represented cable television services provider against a variety of claims relating to personal injury and property damages resulting from fallen or damaged overhead lines.
- Worked on a number of cases regarding the proper application of the standards of the National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code as applied to cable television providers to the placing and maintenance of above ground installations.